A Family Science Night is an engaging evening program of hands-on science activities and exploration. We bring families together to experience the best in science and fun. We provide instruction and all materials for up to 8 science stations or up to 150 students and their families.
A Family Science Night has two primary goals:
- Foster excitement and interest in science among elementary school students and their parents.
- Bring families together and involve parents in the educational process. Parents also discover how to support their student’s work for upcoming science fairs.
Four Easy Steps for Planning a Family Science Night:
- Contact Us! The sales staff at Schmahl Science Workshops will be delighted to help you. Choose a date that a Family Science Night would work on your campus.
- Advertise the event at your school through Flyers and e-Newsletters and any other avenue you inform your families of special events hosted on your campus.
- Yes! We do need Parents volunteers. We request 1 parent volunteer per station to assist us in being a liaison between our Instructors and your families. And, also assist us in expediting in the setup and teardown process.
- Secure the use of your cafeteria/multi-use room.